- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 2 tbsp gram flour / Besan
- 500 gms tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Some curry leaves
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 7 – 8 kokam
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cubed potatoes
- 100 gms okra
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and gram flour and quickly mix & give it a stir in low flame.
- Add tomato puree to it and stir it properly so as to break all the lumps in it.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves, green chilies, ginger, kokam, coriander leaves to it and stir them well.
- Add salt, water, potatoes and let it boil for 20 mins.
- Add the okra and boil the vegetables for another 15 – 20 mins. Add water if necessary to adjust the consistency.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)