- 500gm paneer
- 1 medium-sized onion, roughly chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp saunf powder
- ½ cup Cashewnuts (soak in ½ cup water)
- 2-3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to make:
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add ginger, garlic and onion to the oil; sauté till the onions are golden brown.
- Now, add green chillies and tomatoes; sauté till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add the all powdered spices and sauté till the oil separates.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. Add the mixture and a little amount of water tho the blending jar to blend it into a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, cut paneer into cubes and keep aside.
- Heat a kadhai again on a low flame and add the previously prepared onion-tomato paste to it.
- Blend the cashew nuts with the water in which it was soaked in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Add this cashew paste to the kadhai and mix it well. Add salt to taste and add water to it to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- let it cook for some time a boil comes and then add the paneer pieces.
- Stir well and cook on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
It’s preferable to let the gravy sit for at least 30 minutes before serving; this helps the flavours to combine well and coat the paneer pieces too.
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)