- 1 cup long-grain Basmati Rice
- 2 cups water + additional water for soaking
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4–5 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp chopped Coriander
How to make:
- Wash the basmati rice for a couple of times, and soak it in enough water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain all the water from the rice and set it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pot and add all the whole spices and cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds start spluttering, add the chopped green chilli and drained rice to it. Sauté the rice for two minutes on a medium flame to enhance the flavour.
- Add two cups of water and salt to the rice and mix well. Bring the rice to a quick boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for approximately five to six minutes, till the rice is cooked thoroughly. Garnished with chopped coriander and serve hot.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)