- 1 tbsp ghee
- 8 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- 5 cloves
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 chili, slit
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
How to make:
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast 8 cashew and 2 tbsp raisins.
- Roast the cashew to golden brown and keep aside.
- Take the same kadai and saute 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 pods cardamom, 5 cloves, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Add ½ onion, 1 chili and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked 20 minutes) and roast for 1 minute without breaking rice grains.
- Then, add 2 cup water, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir well and get the water to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- After 20 minutes, fluff the rice gently without breaking rice grains.
- Add fried dry fruits and mix well.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)