- Wheat flour 1 1/2 cup coarsely grounded
- Besan 1/4 cup
- Rava / Sooji 1/4 cup
- Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Oil 2 cup for frying
- Jaggery 1/3 cup
- Powdered sugar 1 1/2 tbsp
- Nutmeg 1/8 tsp
- Poppy seeds 1 tsp for garnish
- Dry fruits (optional)
How to make:
Churma mixture process:
- In a large mixing bowl take whole wheat flour (coarsely grounded), bean, and sooji / rava.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tbsp Oil and 1/2 cup warm water.
- Combine all ingredients and knead into dough.
- Now take a portion of wheat flour dough in hand and press it by making fist. Press hard and make Muthia shapes from dough.
- Repeat the process for remaining wheat flour dough.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottom frying pan. Heat on medium flame and don’t let Oil turn too hot.
- Deep fry the wheat flour muthia in oil for 4 to 5 minutes. Till it is completely cooked from inside and turn golden brown.
- Take out the fried muthias and drain the excess oil on a paper napkin. Let the muthias cool down.
- Cut the muthias into pieces and further grind them in a food processor into a fine powder. Sieve through a fine siever to remove big chunks. Re-grind the remaining chunks in the processor, if required.
Churma Ladoo process:
- Pound the nutmeg in a mortar and pestle. Add the nutmeg powder in Churma mixture.
- Optionally, you can also add dry fruits.
- Now melt ghee in a pan and add Jaggery. As soon as Jaggery starts floating on ghee, turn off the gas.
- Pour the melted jaggery and ghee into Churma mixture. Add powdered sugar to it (optional).
- Combine all the ingredients and add churma mixture into a ladoo mould. You can also make ladoo by taking a portion of churma and rolling in hands and making small balls.
- Apply some poppy seeds (khas khas) and garnish the churma ladoo.
- Repeat the process and make ladoos from the remaining mixture.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)