- 1 cup urad dal
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tsp sugar
- ½ roasted cumin powder
- ½ Chat masala
- ½ roasted chili powder
- 2 tsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tsp green chutney
How to make:
- Soak 1 cup urad dal overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- After soaking, strain the water and blend the urad dal in grinding jar with some water. Make a smooth paste.
- Collect the paste in a large bowl and whisk it in a single direction with the help of a spoon to make it airy. Beat the batter for 5-6 mins.
- Add ½ tsp cumin and salt to the batter and mix it well.
- Now, heat oil in a kadhai. Apply some water in your palm and drop the batter in the hot oil in small ball shape.
- Keep the flame in medium heat and let the vadas to fry until golden brown from each side.
- Take lukewarm water in a large bowl, add 2 tsp salt to it and mix it well.
- Add fried vadas to the lukewarm water and soak it for 5 mins.
- Take 2 cups of plain yogurt and add 4 tsp sugar, ½ cup milk to it and mix well.
- Add ½ tsp black salt to the yogurt and mix it.
- Now, squeeze out the excess water from the vadas by pressing them in between your palms.
- Take them in a plate and add yogurt tamarind chutney and green chutney on top of it.
- Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder, chat masala and roasted chili powder on it.
- If you want you can garnish it with some sec, chopped coriander, and mint leaves.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)